Thursday, February 24, 2011

RAFT

Ernesto is writing to Che, a letter, about anything(wild card).

Dear older me,
I hope you are still the same person I knew before.
I hope you are still filled with passion and optimism. I wonder if you became a doctor after all?
Right now I am on a journey with my good friend Alberto. Later in our lives, we will be talking about it like it was a great legend. I really am enjoying these days that I am spending with my friends and the different hosts. The people that we have met so far are very nice and generous. During the trip, I saw and experienced many things that I want you to hold on to forever. These memories are too precious to be forgotten. I hope I get a chance to come back to the places with Chichina. Although the trip was so difficult because we were using a motorcycle, I think it is still unique and exciting. I hope anyone who has a chance to do something outrageous like this, will take the chance and throw themselves in the opportunity.
I realized how many people thought it was "stupid" for me to be simply giving up my studious doctoral life and going on a journey like this. I understand why many people think this and I do have a good reason for this. I want to feel free, I want to be able to achieve something special that no one really dared to even think of . I wanted to go on an adventure and take a break from everything. Right now, or at least so far, I am not regretting my decision to come on this journey. I wonder what my parents are thinking as well. Hopefully they are not too upset that I won't be back soon. I hope they are all well and safe.
I just want you to know that many years later when you see this, I want you to remember what a great, lively person you were. You were young, full of spirit and had the courage to throw yourself into an unkown path. If there are times later in the future when you are in hardship, cheer up because you know you can get through it somehow. :)

-Ernesto Guevara

3 comments:

  1. I think this is very ironic, since we know how he does turn out. But you can sense that he does not know where he will end up in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the format of your post. It was interesting how you were writing to the older Che. I think it is funny because it does not turn out how Ernesto probably thought at all since he ends up killing so many people not helping them like a doctor would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is funny because we know how he will change. You can tell that he doesn't know at this point how he will end up.

    ReplyDelete